I’ve mentioned before that I’m a Goodreads lover, right? Why Goodreads? Because you can track the books you’ve read, currently reading, divide them up into lists (I love lists), read reviews, learn the books history, about the author, the genre, number of pages, and everything in between. It’s pretty freaking cool — oh and did I mention that it’s F R E E ? Sign up right now (you can thank me later) and then add me as a friend!
The absolute best part about Goodreads, is their annual Reading Challenge. And of course, at the end of the year you can see your stats — who doesn’t love stats?
I’m thrilled to share with you some of my favorites, some no-no’s, and the books I recommend you add to your list for the upcoming year. Let’s dive in!
This year, I read a total of SIXTY books! Yes, 60! I’m pretty proud of myself, not going to lie. And in that mix, I read some wonderful, beautiful books that I still think about, and others that fell short of my hopes.
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MY 2016 READING CHALLENGE:
- The best book I read this year: Tied between The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- The book I read in 24 hours: The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- The book I recommend to all my friends: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- The book I would tell everyone to steer clear of: Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
- The book that is the ideal, easy beach read: Where I Lost Her by T. Greenwood
- The book that didn’t live up to my expectations: Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genova
- The book that surpassed my expectations: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- All the books that you should stay clear of here, here, here, and here
And I guess it’s now time to come up with a 2017 goal… After giving it much thought, I’m going to stick with this years completed 60, and see if I’m able to do that. But I don’t like loosing, even to myself, so challenge accepted! Also, I need all the recommendations I can get!
How many books are you pledging to read in 2017? What were some of your favorites this year?